Grace Lutheran Church is a faith community of over 2250 members (and many more friends), existing for the purposes of: (1) worshipping our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, and (2) sharing his love with the world. Grace’s congregational design is in place to serve God through ministry teams that focus on Worship, Discipleship, Outreach, Fellowship and Service. It is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), and is part of the Southeastern Minnesota Synod (which is made up of 175 other congregations).
Grace’s first worship service took place July 8, 1928 in the hall over a hardware store in downtown Fairmont. It moved to its own building on First Street and Prairie Avenue in 1931, where the congregation worshiped and served until moving in 1950 to its present location on the corner of Grant and Webster Streets (a significant Education wing was added to this building in 1964).
Quick Facts about the Synod: